Alternative Dwarvish Fighter upgrade.... the Berserker.

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i dont think that the runemaster is going to work because the dwarfs dont really have that good of magic; however the axe thrower is definately sonething that should be considered because the dwarvish ranged units suck.
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Yeap - Thunderer is good only against drakes and units on terrian with def not more than 50%. Even then it can really easy miss.
I would like to see Dw. Fighter simmilar to spearman - normall axe attack , and one nice axe throw. Then It would be start to possibility of making alternate lvl2 simmilar to Javelinier. For 17g I think it isn't that much (I know - resistances - but look on 30%def on flat terrian and forest).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i agree
Bivrip!!

js138

Post by js138 »

I actually agree with DK that you would need some L1 unit which could fill the support-role that the old 0.8.11 ulfserker filled. The new one is much more like a fighter, but a bit overpowered - much less of a problem in a L2 unit I think and because the L1 ulf and L1 fighter are a bit more similar than they were (at least defensively) having the L2 units both be upgrades of the fighter seems not unreasonable.

What to give instead of the ulf is harder tho. The thunderer is very dwarvish, but the one big attack makes it high variance. An idle muse as I write this - how about sharpshooter on the thunderer? Might need other things tweaked to not overpower it if you did that but it would then more closely fill the 'mage' role without having to involve magic.

An alternative which comes to mind is something which throws fire - greek fire/napalm sounds quite dwarvish. A dwarvish sapper unit (which might also have the mobility to make it a scout, maybe even closer to elusivefoot defensive stats) perhaps?

Just more pennies leaking from my brainbank.
Last edited by js138 on April 26th, 2005, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

I was thinking that a good way to incorperate a good magical/ranged unit for the dwarves would be to have a flaming axe thrower. he throws flaming axes that casue burn (as previously thout up in Burn Baby Burn) wher the defender gets burned and takes dammage every turn simmilary to poison. any ways it just a thought
Bivrip!!

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Flaming axes?!?! :lol:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Only you would think of such a thing.....

How come they don't burn themselves? How is the metal on fire? Wouldn't the would burn quickly?
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

their magical flaming axes of which their weilder can control. it doesnt burn the thrower because the thrower has magical abilities
Bivrip!!