Enhance 'skip' functionality

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Dwarvish Bard

Enhance 'skip' functionality

Post by Dwarvish Bard »

It would be nice to enhance the 'skip' button as follows:

1) Skip straight to the game, rather than the partial skip you get on most campaign scenarios now.

2) Once the game starts, add another skip button to skip all the initial dialog, except maybe the victory conditions. (Some difficult campaign scenarios that require you to play several times before you can beat them have annoyingly long introductory speeches.)
tephlon
Translator

Post by tephlon »

What about hitting Escape?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Right. Just press escape in a dialog and it will take you to the end of that dialog sequence.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dave wrote:Right. Just press escape in a dialog and it will take you to the end of that dialog sequence.

David
Escape skips all non-game-changing events. It does NOT, however, skip move unit fakes, introduction of new characters by [unit], etc.

So, in some campaigns, even that is not all that useful.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Burnsaber

Post by Burnsaber »

I usually save in turn 1 right after start events have triggered. That way i don`t have to watch it ever again.
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

On a similar subject, I know that their is a button in the preferences panel to not animate ai movement, but is there a key you can press to skip ai moves for that turn only?
Sorry for the meaningless post
dtw

Post by dtw »

regardless of the escape key press there should be a skip button on dialogs or the use of escape should be more clear!