Creating a Wesnoth web series/show [UMC]

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Heroofnothing

Creating a Wesnoth web series/show [UMC]

Post by Heroofnothing »

Creating a Wesnoth web series/show

I have been thinking about this for quite some time now. How would I go about getting the approval, if that's necessary from the creators. Ideally, I would have their help if they think it's a good idea. Anyway, this is something I really want to do. I am a writer/actor and I might be able to ask my agency for support as well. I guess what I'm asking is: if this is feasible and if anyone would like to join in this battle for Wesnoth?
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Creating a Wesnoth web series/show [UMC]

Post by josteph »

Permission from the creators is not needed. Anyone can start a web series about wesnoth if they want to. It's exactly like how anyone can start a web series about, say, Doom if they wanted to, with or without permission by Doom's creators.

I can't speak for the development team, but I for one would welcome this! If you need help, just ask and we'll see what we can do. :D
Heroofnothing

Post by Heroofnothing »

Fantastic, I'd like to see how many people are interested and willing to help on here. If we can get enough people then finding the remaining cast and crew will be easier.

Some of the early people we would need are:
Writers to adapt the game
Producers or people who can get producers

Rest of the Crew
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I suppose the serie would be in English, so you can also ask for English native speakers for the voices.
Heroofnothing

Post by Heroofnothing »

Yes it will be in English, but I'm not too worried about the cast right now. Since I am with an agency, so I can ask friends and have my agent send out a casting call. If you know any writers, let me know :)
Heroofnothing

Post by Heroofnothing »

I have some good news.

We have finished the first draft of the screenplay for the pilot. Would fans of the game be interested in supporting this series once we try to gain funding? Let me know what you all think.
theuncertainman

Post by theuncertainman »

I'd be interested in any small voice acting opportunities that you may have.
I've also got some open source shouts and screams if you want to use them - https://freesound.org/people/theuncertainman/
Heroofnothing

Post by Heroofnothing »

Sorry for the delayed response, be on the lookout for voice acting roles once we get the funding and start to cast. Thank you all for your patience, let’s make the project happen!