BfW,FreeCIV,FreeCol -> FreeWesnoth

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
MetalKing

BfW,FreeCIV,FreeCol -> FreeWesnoth

Post by MetalKing »

There are three interesting Games respective GamePlays: BfW (sure,sure), FreeCIV and FreeCol. All these are OpenSource.
How about creating a common PlattForm where all these Games gets combined into a single Game? Oh, yes, it's require alot of Work. You may consider that the WorkForce of Programmers and other will increase significant. How about starting a common Art-Pool etc. How about merging these Games into a single FrontEnd as long as no unified GamePlatForm exist? More abstract: find out how much Synergy and Cooperation up to Fusion is possible with this three different Projects. Mayority of Gamers will like that for sure (I remind many new Members trying to suggest into that Direction and that they early shut up). Did you say KISS or WorkStyle? Don't ask me for KISS as I don't want to violate ForumRules by Use of unallowed Words. The Wesnoth-Religion "KISS" lead BfW into Stagnation and Discourage of Programmers. Feel free to argue against that - I won't discuss about. (hi dave!)

I will track this thread till lock. MK off, bye
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: BfW,FreeCIV,FreeCol -> FreeWesnoth

Post by beetlenaut »

MetalKing wrote:Oh, yes, it's require alot of Work.
Yeah. It would require rewriting all three games from the beginning. That really would discourage the developers!
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

No, it's a bad idea.
powershot

Post by powershot »

It would be easier to make a whole new game altogether.

TO muck work.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

That being said, the two mentioned Civilization type of games are excellent and I definitely want to advertise them.

FreeCol shows that you can write such a game in java so that it doesn't work worse all the time on non-Linux platforms.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

Anonymissimus wrote:FreeCol shows that you can write such a game in java so that it doesn't work worse all the time on non-Linux platforms.
MetalKing wrote:There are three interesting Games respective GamePlays: BfW (sure,sure), FreeCIV and FreeCol.
Whoa! Someone else knows about FreeCol! I always thought it was just me! Yeah, FreeCol is a great game.

Now, if you want a game that mixes Civilization and Strategy stuff, try Gambciv. It's an add-on Gambit made...

I think reworking all those games would be a waste of time. The're in different languages (at least FreeCol and Wesnoth), and... Yeah.
Timshel
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

What zookeeper said. Locked.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.