Spearman -> Swordsman?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Burnsaber

Post by Burnsaber »

Well it seems that my isea is not liked. Oh well, too bad. I won`t try to fight a lost battle. I`m going to finish the images thought. Someone might find use to them...
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?
miyo

Post by miyo »

Burnsaber wrote:I`m going to finish the images thought. Someone might find use to them...
Just the attitude we would like to see more. Maybe someone will use your images as base to produce some northern barbarians (vikings?). Or use it as special character on some campaign, etc...

- Miyo
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

yes, Burnsaber, congratulation...

most new unit sugestion either turn into flamefest or stupid ideas changing 3/4 of the units of the side...

this thread was probably the one with the most rational arguments I've seen so far....

even if the unit was eventually rejected, this thread should be kept as a tutorial on how to sugest a unit on the forum
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Bablefish

Post by Bablefish »

I dont know if this point has been presented in this post, frankly I dont have time to read the entire thing, but I noticed that when I am playing as loyalists, the majority of there units have peircing attacks. Of corse the problem with that is that undead are very resistant to peircing attack, at least I think they are. So when the decision comes down to what brance to take, I always take swords men.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Bablefish wrote:I dont know if this point has been presented in this post, frankly I dont have time to read the entire thing, but I noticed that when I am playing as loyalists, the majority of there units have peircing attacks. Of corse the problem with that is that undead are very resistant to peircing attack, at least I think they are. So when the decision comes down to what brance to take, I always take swords men.
it is true they have three pierce first level units, spearmen, horsemen and bowmen. However... they have 7 units total, and impact (heavy infantry) and fire (mage) are not bad at all against undead.

so, when fighting undead... just don't get spearmen. we don't need to make another first level unit...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

Burnsaber wrote:Well it seems that my isea is not liked. Oh well, too bad. I won`t try to fight a lost battle. I`m going to finish the images thought. Someone might find use to them...
Hey, don't give up and send your work to the trash!. My graphics for the Grand Knight (actually going to be used as Owaec) slept in the forum for 6 months until their moment came...

If your work is good, somebody will use them, don't doubt it.
Shade

Yes

Post by Shade »

Yes. There are some dedicated Wiki people out there. I would advise a Scenario / Campaign designer to go there to do all of their unit graphic shopping needs before they post a request, and I would advise artists to keep submitting-- It makes life rather nice for everybody :)
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
AT

Post by AT »

Well, as a low-level Dev, I like these pictures alot, and would rush out to add them, except for this:

Adding a unit is a big deal. Currently the loyalists are pretty close to balanced. I'd be pretty nervous about adding a brand new level one right now.

However, I really think it looks cool, and this should be used by someone, for something. I may (i have little time) try to get it included in Great War or Classic periods.
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
Burnsaber

Re: like

Post by Burnsaber »

AT wrote: However, I really think it looks cool, and this should be used by someone, for something. I may (i have little time) try to get it included in Great War or Classic periods.
Well it seems that my suggestion has at least one fan... Good luck with figting other devs, i hope that you don`t get too scarred. Watch out for miyo`s spear! :P

Well here are the updated versions; i made the shield look more wooden and cleared some black lines and hopefully. made his sword look more like real sword...
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?