Attack Ability - Weird Strike

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
5dPZ

Attack Ability - Weird Strike

Post by 5dPZ »

Maybe a non-mainline fun ability:

The hit rate of this attack is equal to target's defence.

That's right, it hits well on target that are on good terran, but tend to miss when target is on bad terran. It is purely designed for fun.

Price for this unit should be somewhere between normal unit and magical hit unit (maybe a 17g for 7-3 wierd strike).
Skizzaltix

Re: Attack Ability - Weird Strike

Post by Skizzaltix »

Sounds like a good one for a special unit in a UMC/era.
I'm not sure how you would filter the defending unit's defense, though--Can that be done with WML? I would assume so...
Also, would it activate on defense, or only attack? That could make for some interesting variations :hmm:
5dPZ

Post by 5dPZ »

Skizzaltix wrote: Also, would it activate on defense, or only attack? That could make for some interesting variations :hmm:
I am thinking make it effective for both offensive and defensive. This can invoke people try to attack the unit from "bad terran" to avoid retaliation damage, which is kinda neat ^^
Lord Ork
Code Contributor

Post by Lord Ork »

It can be curious, but I wonder which kind of unit would have such strange attack, that is, what does this ability means in plot terms?
It is ok to correct me if my English is too bad.

Working on Cunnicula Civil War
Ardent

Post by Ardent »

I'd guess it could be:

a) some sort of attack which requires the attacker to jump on an unprepared enemy (say like the facehugger from aliens) - it is much easier to attack in confined spaces, or places with high terrain variations or generaly places where the oponnent is feeling safe - and those are the places where you have high defence, right?

b) sort of a arcane attack which uses enemy's selfconfidence - something like "make sleepy" (a slow spell would be apropriate to complement) or similar - it would certainly work much better on defender's native terrain, since theyr guard is down
You are an Orcish Grunt: cheap, powerful, but effective.
Jequ

Post by Jequ »

Sounds like an ability which could work in my scenario project. Thanks for sharing this idea here, 5dPZ. :)
MDG

Post by MDG »

Regards explanations, wild mages using wild magic? Exists in a few fantasy settings.

How would you represent this on the UI and the attack dialogues though?
bert1

Post by bert1 »

I think this is one of the better random ideas I've heard. Simple, tactically interesting and distinctive. I think the word 'weird' fits well with the ability.
Good is simply that which is willed. - Eugene Halliday