Idea: Ability to see units during talking only scenarios

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Unnheulu

Idea: Ability to see units during talking only scenarios

Post by Unnheulu »

I know it's a bit of a lengthy title, but that is basically what it is.

Why is it that on a scenario when there is only talking, then units can only be seen when they're tlaking, and not when they aren't talking? Couldn't you add a option for this in the options menu, to allow units to do this?

The thing is, I have a bad memory, so I look at one unit to try and remember who he is but he doesn't talk. Or I see another unit, and that unit is like guard to the king, I haven't seen him yet but he's there and he doesn't talk.

This would add another layer to the game, where people with bad memory can play properly. :)

Thanks for reading.

Xer

DISCLAIMER: I searched before I started this. Using google if you say search is down.

If this has been suggested before, I won't suggest something else for at least 2 months.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Re: Idea: Ability to see units during talking only scenarios

Post by Aethaeryn »

xer wrote:I know it's a bit of a lengthy title, but that is basically what it is.

Why is it that on a scenario when there is only talking, then units can only be seen when they're tlaking, and not when they aren't talking? Couldn't you add a option for this in the options menu, to allow units to do this?

The thing is, I have a bad memory, so I look at one unit to try and remember who he is but he doesn't talk. Or I see another unit, and that unit is like guard to the king, I haven't seen him yet but he's there and he doesn't talk.

This would add another layer to the game, where people with bad memory can play properly. :)

Thanks for reading.

Xer
Do you mean you want to see the names of the units at mouse-over in talking-only scenarios? Yeah, this has bothered me sometimes too.
xer wrote:DISCLAIMER: I searched before I started this. Using google if you say search is down.

If this has been suggested before, I won't suggest something else for at least 2 months.
Would be interesting if a script were installed to allow Google searching of the forums by click in the upper right. Kind of like the "view unread posts" script that was added.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

Aethaeryn wrote:
xer wrote:I know it's a bit of a lengthy title, but that is basically what it is.

Thanks for reading.

Xer
Do you mean you want to see the names of the units at mouse-over in talking-only scenarios? Yeah, this has bothered me sometimes too.
Yep
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I agree. I also don't think it will be trivial to fix, unfortunately.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
CarpeGuitarrem

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

One thing that helps is that the talking unit is now highlighted, AFAIK.
Glory in Blood...Needs Programming Help!

If you have time, check out my ongoing serial story...
The Hidden: Secrets of the Future's Past