That Draug again...

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

The idea of negative leadership sounds interesting, but unfortunately quite overpowered.

The draug already has pretty strong resistances to attacks except holy, fire, and impact to a lesser extend.
How much damage would a level 1 mage do to him with negative leadership...?

To give him an anti leadership... he would become pretty invulerable to attacks that come from lower level units.

His high resistances stacked on top of increased damage reduction power?
That's one of the main reasons dread was only supposed to activate when the draug was on the attack.

As I said, a level 3 skeleton is scary be default.
A level 3 skeleton rushing you with an axe, much scarier.

Why would the mere presence of the draug be more terror inducing than any other member of the undead?
Reasonings aside, it was more meant to fit gameplay balance by allowing the draug to attack units that it might normally choose not to.
A simple yet effective and unique way to make the draug different from other level 3 units by means other than changing damage and hp.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

since we're on the idea of crazy powers stacked onto an already powerful unit, why not just make the druag have plague? BUT, instead of the killed unit ressurecting as a walking corpse, make it come back as a ghost. NOW the druag is terrifying as its victims have died in such a violent manner that their fractured/half-eaten souls have come back. I dont know if this is serious or not...but neg. leadership is awesome. maybe even give the druag itself leadership?I.E. it is so rotten and unholy that undead adjacent to it are impowered. maybe even "Blackness/unholy arua", the EXACT OPPOSITE effect that white mages have. (explanation) any unit next to druag attacks as if it were night
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

That "anti-illuminate" has actually been proposed for the Dark Sorcerer(then necromancer).
Sorry for the meaningless post
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

"Delluminate" isn't exactly an FPI, but it's close. It's come up historically in the forum, and was unable to garner enough interest for anyone to implement it.

I suspect you're going to have to make a strong case if you want anyone to take the idea and run with it.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I don't think "" delluminate" would be fit for the draug, considering it''s just a big scary skeleton; not a mage that can substract the light from it''s surroundings.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I like the "Take half damage when attacking" idea.

Of course, that makes the Draug pretty powerful. Balance by setting HP to 52 and attack back to 11-4?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Neoriceisgood wrote:I don't think "" delluminate" would be fit for the draug, considering it''s just a big scary skeleton; not a mage that can substract the light from it''s surroundings.
I think delluminate would fit draugs, they're not just normal skeletons, they're legendary heroes(that's from description!) risen by black magic, that's enough to give them delluminate IMO.
And right now delluminates ability would be pretty easy to make(make ability [illuminates] with level=-1 and add some dark halo to unit)
JW

Post by JW »

I don't like delluminate, but I think negative leadership would be fitting, if it weren't so overpowered (because let's face it, on this unit it would be).
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Elvish Pillager wrote:I like the "Take half damage when attacking" idea.

Of course, that makes the Draug pretty powerful. Balance by setting HP to 52 and attack back to 11-4?
Seconded.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

I agree with the debuffing for the draug.
Has anyone tested this new ability yet with the patch by tomsik? Thoughts?
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Deathblower

Post by Deathblower »

I also like the 'take half damage when attacking' thing. It's different to all the others, but yeah, balance it out with HP and stuff as suggested.

DB
Just a short dude with a lot of time . . .
drachefly

Post by drachefly »

Tomsik wrote:I think delluminate would fit draugs, they're not just normal skeletons, they're legendary heroes(that's from description!) risen by black magic, that's enough to give them delluminate IMO.
umm... the draug started out as a normal skeleton and worked his way up. Had he/she not already been legendary in life back when he/she was a normal skeleton?

:oops:

Reverse steadfast fits, it's not complicated, it's not broken.

The 'bleeding' idea fits, it's not that complicated, and it's not broken.
It's also very similar an old 'burning' idea that was tossed around a while back.

The other ideas lack some or all of these features.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it. -- You-know-who
The Kingdom Of Loathing Era