Come and watch my game records!

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gaojicainiao

Come and watch my game records!

Post by gaojicainiao »

Hello, English speakers.
Chinese are not allowed to visit Youtube directly. But I still want to make some videos of wesnoth for English speakers. So I want to ask you about your connection speed to Bilibili. (Bilibili is a Chinese video website)
I will make some PVP video records and share them with Chinese. If your connection speed is OK, I will also translate the Chinese in videos into English then share with you. :lol:
Visit Bilibili and watch two or three videos to test the connection speed. If the videos don't get stuck, then the speed is OK.
Last edited by gaojicainiao on September 5th, 2019, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sergey

Re: How is your connection speed to Bilibili ?

Post by sergey »

gaojicainiao wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:50 pm Visit Bilibili and watch two or three videos to test the connection speed. If the videos don't get stuck, then the speed is OK.
Bilibili works fine in Ukraine (Eastern Europe)
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

sergey wrote: September 1st, 2019, 1:23 pm Bilibili works fine in Ukraine (Eastern Europe)
You are an Ukrainian? Awesome! I just played a 2V2 game with an Ukrainian teammate two days ago. He played well, but I played looks like a newbie. :oops: Finally we won the game! He helped me a lot in game.
Unfortunately, I can not speak Ukrainian language.
And, thank you for testing the speed.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Yes, I am Ukrainian. You are welcome :D
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

Oops! I forgot that only registered users of Bilibili can watch 1080P videos. :doh:
Finally I share these PVP videos on YouTube. Unfortunately, I didn't translate, so you can not understand our dialogs...... :doh:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... JaALdnAg00
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

New video! The dialog are English this time, ^_^
Because my teammate is not a Chinese. :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2D-p__4v2c
Kjan

Re: Come and watch my game records!

Post by Kjan »

Hi,
I went on that site and it's interesting i never heard of a real alternative to youtube but this one seems different.
But i've got some question about that site.What are the most watched chinese videos ? Both musical and non-musical.
Are there interesting videos that don't need knowing chinese you can think of ?
Send me a private message if you want to talk of that a few more.
Anyway i saw your video and it's totally working fine.The speed is even better than with Youtube.
I'll browse some more on this website and maybe i'll find something that i wouldn't have found on Youtube.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

Kjan wrote: September 5th, 2019, 2:48 pm Are there interesting videos that don't need knowing chinese you can think of ?
Send me a private message if you want to talk of that a few more.
Anyway i saw your video and it's totally working fine.The speed is even better than with Youtube.
I'll browse some more on this website and maybe i'll find something that i wouldn't have found on Youtube.
Nobody can know what are the most watched Chinese videos. You can find them but you can't know if they are the most watched.

I don't like music in video, so I didn't collect music videos. I love absolute music. If you like, I will send you some absolute music files. What styles do you like? Happy? Sad? Exciting?

This site is made for Chinese, not so international. So most of videos use Chinese. No many English videos, you may need to find them by yourself. For foreigners, it is still better to use YouTube.

As for interesting videos that don't need to understand Chinese......I didn't collect many.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av2271112
This kind of videos are called “鬼畜”(kuso) in Chinese. This one don't need to understand, just funny.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av6285705

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av23701883

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av60286539
(I made it. )

You can find most of famous YouTube videos on Bilibili. But most of videos on Bilibili may not appear at YouTube. Because Chinese are not allowed to visit YouTube directly.

Errrr...Can you watch 1080P videos on Bilibili without registering?
Kjan

Post by Kjan »

I watched these 4 the first made me laught we the Xiamio's Ceo said i'm happy to be an Indian.
Also i didn't know there were chinese CS GO players(if you are interested we could play together one day).
But what are the things written in the middle of the video sometimes in chinese sometimes in english and that scattered randomly trough the screen ? Are these ads ? Are these because i didn't subscribe ?
Anyway i tried creating an account but i couldn't pass the Captcha(the thing with the chinese characters to verify if i'm a human).Could you explain me how to do that ?
And no i can't watch the video in 1080p in without subscribing.Anyway i searched for german songs and i found german military marches.So yes i think you can find everything on blibli.I did find videos i know too.Anyway it's different and mysterious so it interests me.
Anyway thanks for sharing that with me.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

I don't play CS GO.
I forgot to tell you, that's a special thing that YouTube and most of foreign video websites have no.
We call them “弹幕”("bullet screen" or "barrage" ? I don't know how to translate.) Users write their comment or what they want to say about a video and it will leave in the video.
For example, when xiaomi' CEO say "Do you like me ?" The bullet screen can be “I like you!” or “Yeah!!!”.
When Tom is descending while riding the tree, the bullet screen can be “Tom is cutting the tree by using his □□□□ !” or “Awesome!” and so on.
Bullet screen is not interesting for you because you can't understand Chinese. You can click a button under a video to turn on/off bullet screen.
Bilibili has ads, but it has no ads before/when/after playing videos.
As for Captcha, you can send me the picture then I will send you the Chinese characters, but we need to be online in the same time to contact each other. Tell me a time of a city and I will stay online at that time to help you.
Kjan

Post by Kjan »

A bullet screen would be strange on Youtube but i'd like to have something like that.
Let's say at at 20:30 for the chinese east coast time.
Kjan

Post by Kjan »

gaojicainiao wrote: September 6th, 2019, 1:41 am I don't play CS GO.
Also,I don't know if steam is avaible in China but since i saw this video i think it is.You know it has recently become free two months ago.Even if there are still crates.So you might give it a try.