Judgement day?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

catwhowalksbyhimself

Re: Judgement day?

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

I'm just annoyed that this is getting some much publicity. It makes us Christians look like fools, even though this guy runs counter to every other Christian group out there. I do find it amusing that he picked my birthday, though.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

My opinion on J day:

Pics or it didn’t happen.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Yeah, again this guy isn't even a Christian. He left the church and started a cult.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

Now, now, he may be a Christian, no we can't judge the state of a man's soul. He definitely went over the deep end and appears be to trying for a cult like group, but we don't know about the man himself.

If he ever trusted in Christ as he savior, and I'm pretty sure he's never said otherwise, then he's a Christian, wild teachings aside.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

The term 'Christian' is a broad term: it can refer to many things. Heck, a person can just say 'I'm a Christian' and they would pass as a Christian. And many people go to church regularly and pass as 'Christians'. Even if they get baptized and participate in the church's activities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Alexander_VI : would you consider him a Christian (or Catholic, whatever)? Technically, he is - he was the Pope! But obviously he wasn't there as a religious leader, he was a political leader. I wouldn't say he's a real Christian. He was just in there for the power and wealth.
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

I'ts this simple. We don't judge weather or not people are christians, the state of someones soul is between them and God.

Lets keep this thread on topic.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

cookie

Post by cookie »

Even better news, Judgement day would have to wait to next year.
Congrats, we all survived !
^_^
Bye says the cookie.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Wait...don't atheists go to hell the same day that Christians go to heaven? They don't get left behind on earth...so I don't get the pet thing.
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Not in this theory. In this one the good people get vacuumed up into the sky (no, really), and the bad ones stay on earth which suffers some natural disasters, but they can survive.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

"This" theory as in Camping's theory? Or some other theory?
~Sierra
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Err the one we're talking about. The senile, radio DJ, May 21st theory.
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

There are four major theories of Rapture. This theory, where the bad guys stay on Earth, became popular in the 1800's. It's not something Camping created. The founder of the Millerites calculated that Rapture was to occur on October 22, 1844, and many others came afterwards with different dates. Camping is yet another (and it's his second prediction, as you probably know.)
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

I love how people try to rationalize religion with science. It’s cute because it’s so ridiculous!

Did it occur to anyone that perhaps the dates would be wrong if we’re using the Gregorian calendar, but back several centuries ago they were on the Julian calendar?

Did it occur to anyone that perhaps the Christian god doesn’t use the decimal system? What’s so special about base 10? The Maya used a base 12. And isn’t 7 supposed to be rather special? 361 B.C. would be 1024 in base 7, and 2011 would be 5602; if you add that together, you’d get 6626. (And that means between 34 and 44 years from now it’ll be the mark of the beast!)

By the way, I love the NYPD’s response to the rapture:
Source: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/new-yorkers-weigh-in-on-pending-apocalypse-20110519 wrote:We don't plan any additional coverage for the end of the world. Indeed, if it happens, fewer officers will be required for streets that presumably will be empty.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I wonder how many people will lose their faith because of Camping :(
self-pun
Read: Camping- the best way to lose your faith in God
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?