Osama Bin Laden is Dead

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Destructinator

Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Post by Destructinator »

in honer of usamas deadth, me and my family put firecrackers in a peep and blew the s*** out of usama PEEPladin. :lol2:
Last edited by Gambit on May 3rd, 2011, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed excessive smilies
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

They released a statement today that he went down shooting.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

....lol. obvious troll is obvious

EDIT: erm, ninja'd. But I guess that there was no chance of him getting interrogated then, haha.

But I commend the guy for being proactive and just killing him. Not taking any chances. Unless of course, he did it by accident. :(
Frogger5 wrote:I think they should have exiled him where no Americans can reach him, and let him live out the rest of his life doing whatever the hell he wants.
You mean kind of like a prison? Or what he was already doing before we found him?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

No, not like a prison. Just a place for him to stay for the rest of his life.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Gambit wrote:They released a statement today that he went down shooting.
Wouldn't surprise me if he actually did. Much better than being captured.

I'm not sure where this place that Frogger is proposing he be put that is 'Out of reach of the Americans' but as long as he has power I'm not sure that I'd agree with the idea of putting him beyond the reach of the people who would need to fight back.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

And can you imagine the public outrage at allowing him to live? No I think that while keeping him "to live however he likes" is more in accordance with good two shoes morals, it is much more prudent to have him dead. Especially good that he died in a fight (or so we are to believe). Much tidier that way.
Valkier
Art Contributor

Post by Valkier »

Seems to me he lost all rights to mercy and the like when he orchestrated thousands of innocent deaths in NY. Go ahead and try to talk about what the "right" thing to do to the people who lost families and friends there. I'm sure they'd love to hear all about how you're upset we didn't just let the mastermind go live somewhere peacefully.
Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Yes, so he is dead. I'm not broken up about his death by any means; he was a ruthless murderer, totally depraved like the rest of the unredeemed sons of Adam, though more blatant and open in his exercise of his depravity than most. Would that he repented, but he did not, and hence he will receive the rewards of his deeds.

However, were it not for the grace and mercy of God, I could have been on the road to becoming him, or even on the road to make him look like a child in terms of utter, open depravity. Because man is evil. He really is evil.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Hulavuta wrote:
Frogger5 wrote:I think they should have exiled him where no Americans can reach him, and let him live out the rest of his life doing whatever the hell he wants.
You mean kind of like a prison? Or what he was already doing before we found him?
Napoleon
Gambit wrote:They released a statement today that he went down shooting.
Oh really? Well this is a pretty good excuse for killing him the way they did. Too bad we have flashbangs, gas and smoke grenades nowadays.

P.S: another disclaimer- by all means, I'm not comparing Napoleon with Osama :P and tbh, I disagree with Frogger
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Why do you disagree? Why do people seem to think that the only option was to kill him? Im sure if the American government (or whoever is responsible) really tried, they could some up with something. But naturally they want revenge and don't care for any other options other than killing him.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The problem is that I sincerely doubt that if he was allowed a free hand that he would be harmless. He has a certain vested interest in destroying infidels after all. Also, exileing the ruler was something that has been done before and it didn't turn out overy well, either for the ruler or for anyone else (see the link provided by Dunno).

I'm not sure why anyone is complaining about him being killed. They (United States Military) were very much playing the game by his rules and I doubt the 'apparent victem' here would be overly inclined to complain at the judgement bar and if he wouldn't then I would think that nobody else would have the right to do so.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Dunno wrote:Oh really? Well this is a pretty good excuse for killing him the way they did. Too bad we have flashbangs, gas and smoke grenades nowadays.
If they really just wanted to kill him, they could have used a bomb or a drone. Relations with Pakistan are pretty awkward now, that could not have made much of a difference.
Velensk wrote:I'm not sure why anyone is complaining about him being killed. They (United States Military) were very much playing the game by his rules and I doubt the 'apparent victem' here would be overly inclined to complain at the judgement bar and if he wouldn't then I would think that nobody else would have the right to do so.
Yeah.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Huh? So your saying we don't have the right to complain about it? Just because he wouldn't? Thats utter bulldust. He was murdered for crying out loud. That is reason enough to complain, let alone all the people he killed, and all the people the US military killed.
What do you mean 'apparent victim'? Of course he's a victim, he was murdered. He's just as much of a victim as the people he killed.

I'm not so much complaining about the fact that he was killed, as much as the fact that people are celebrating that he's killed and think that taking someones else's like is a good thing. You simply cant justify murder. As necessary as it seemed, it is by no means not a crime.

Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Frogger5 wrote:That is reason enough to complain, let alone all the people he killed, and all the people the US military killed.
He wasn't murdered. He resisted capture and went down shooting.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What I meant by 'apparent victim' is that he might not regard himself as a victim. Consider what he was most famous for, the 9/11 attack. Do you think that any of the hijackers had any illusions of making it out alive? Do you think they regarded themselves as victims (of themselves)? Osama may have entertained the idea that he might survive but I suspect that he was full aware of how it would likely end and was willing to set it into motion.

I would support Gambits claim that it wasn't murder due to the fact that he resisted capture. I would also argue that on his part it was the better option to resist capture.

I would argue that even if it were a strait assassination with no intent to capture that it would still be better for the victim than being captured and then stored in prison for life (or until execution). There is no need to be pointlessly cruel if you just need someone removed from the picture.