Wesnoth IRL

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glowing Fish

Re: Wesnoth IRL

Post by Glowing Fish »

Well, I will be man enough to admit that if I saw some women cosplaying as anything from the Elvish Shaman line, it would be the high point of my day.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Glowing Fish wrote:Well, I will be man enough to admit that if I saw some women cosplaying as anything from the Elvish Shaman line, it would be the high point of my day.

"Hey, I'm poisoned, baby. Wanna stand next to me?"
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

From his new book "So You Wanna Date an Elf?" hitting store shelves this fall.
jaimeastorga2000

Post by jaimeastorga2000 »

Gambit wrote:
Lx_121 wrote:cosplay
No.
Costumes leads to plays leads to fan art leads to comics leads to Lisar getting raped by octopodes.
Hahaha, based on that and this topic, I guess people around here don't like cosplay too much.

Anyways, I catch only the rarest glimpses of conventions and cosplay in the real life, and those usually of more mainstream titles (I distinctly remember seeing a guy dressed as Raiden walking around my university's math building one day and thinking "WTF?!"). Never been involved in those things myself, so I couldn't tell you how it would work with Wesnoth.
Lx_121

Post by Lx_121 »

well, this is where a difference lies: between developers & fans :P

if we DON'T get crazy ppl (fans) dressing up as our characters & acting goofy, then it probably means that we didn't do our jobs right...

:P
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

EDIT: There was a post above this that the first bit was in response to, I think the response itself covers what it was about adequately.

It always bothers me when anyone proclaims without irony or sarcasm that any one field of art is the greatest thing in existence. If someone suggested that 'art' as a whole was the greatest thing in existance (or even probably the greatest) I would give the comment more credit (though I would not agree with it).

I tend to prefer literary arts over visual ones (which I consider cosplay to be).

@Lx: It could be that if our fans arn't getting crazy/acting goofy (I don't consider dressing up to be inherantly goofy), that we simply tend to attract a different sort of fan. This could well be a good thing considering the average quality of fan in the world.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Moved to off-topic because it is thus.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

It always bothers me when people kick a dead horse.

Bye, thread.

At the original necro’er: you know who you are.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.