Victory Animations (NOT YET TESTED)

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AT

Victory Animations (NOT YET TESTED)

Post by AT »

This patch should add victory animations (should play when a unit kills another unit) to the ever-growing selection of possible animations.

Currently, it is untested, as I am unable to finish compiling on windows, primarily because of errors in files I have not touched. Posting it here is mostly just to get it off my harddrive. If you feel like testing a patch, though, knock yourself out! Otherwise, I'll get back on a Linux box on in a week or so, where I hope to be able to compile more easily.

It will not be offically submitted until I know it works.
Attachments
victory_anims.txt
(12.73 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Cool Idea! It would be cool too if after a team wins a scenario, all of that teams units do their victory animation.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Woodwizzle wrote:Cool Idea! It would be cool too if after a team wins a scenario, all of that teams units do their victory animation.
I don't think this would make a whole lot of sense for any campaign scenarios other than those where the objective is "kill the enemy leader"...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
AT

Post by AT »

Tested; it seems to work (at least in my admittedly limited trials) and submitted. Some more testing would be prudent, but currently wesnoth will not recompile for me (due to files other than the one's I've changed).
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

ok, I'll try to patchmonkey it this WE
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim